TAKE PART • WIN $100
Towering at 680 feet, the main set of Eureka dunes are the big draw; they're also the easiest to access and therefore crisscrossed with footprints. But somewhat forgotten are the 2 miles of significantly smaller dunes that trail out the back, towards the surrounding mountains. On this chilling 26 degree November morning, I set out on foot to capture morning light grace these smaller, but more interesting towers of sand. Careful to avoid the shallow burrows of kangaroo rats, which can easily collapse when stepped on, the walk was slow going. Upon looking up from my trudging, I was struck by the pureness of the distant dunes contrasted with the dark mountains and busy foreground. I explored for a short time before nestling my tripod in the sand, ultimately choosing this frame with the nearly evenly spaced line of shrubs. 1.3 seconds later I continued my trek and enjoyed nearly 5 hours alone and in wonder, amongst these untouched desert waves.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor