Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
In Nairobi, Kenya ,Karura Forest is a massive forest inside City limits. It hosts a river called Karura River and a Karura water fall. I saw a big tree with extensive root system developed at the bank of river. It intrigued me so much that I decided to create a Pano image, but taking image on Tripod was a big challenge as administrators do not allow Tripod use.
I talked to management and showed my earlier publications in some international magazines, finally I got permission. I used Zeiss 50mm on tripod with focal plane axis set to center. I took 5 vertical overlapping shots and later fused them in Lightroom and finally processed in Photoshop. I chose the photograph to be processed in Black and white as I wanted to emphasize on texture of roots. I also dodged the roots as I want viewers eyes to be directed to roots. The idea was to show that such root system exists.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor