My wife and I were driving home from a Colorado vacation. On Highway 84 in West Texas, we saw this abandoned shack with a beautiful sunset behind it and wind turbines in the distance.
It was a mid-summer evening, and I circled back to find a good spot and quickly pulled out my camera and adjusted the settings to get a steady shot. I loved the windy, hot and dry evening, and we watched the sunset and then continued our journey home.
I wasn't sure where I was, but then I saw a sign for Wastella, a ghost town in west Texas that has been mostly abandoned since the early 1930s. There are many old homes and agricultural buildings and not much else there.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor