Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The Eastern Coast of India runs parallel to the Bay of Bengal, one of the most cyclone prone regions on the planet. Throughout this stretch of pristine beaches, which start from way down at Vishakhapatnam and goes upto West Bengal, there are plenty of unique locations to photograph. From rocky beaches to clean white sand: it is variety gallore here. While colorful sunsets are not very common in these parts, storms are more likely to come across, especially in the rainy season.
Close to the Sunderband deltas in the Bay of Bengal, lies a huge island which is connected to the mainland by a bridge. At the southernmost tip of this island, lies the lonely town of Bakkhali. My visit to this place was planned in the rainy season on purpose, as clear skies after a gush of rainfall can result in high chances of a successful astrophotography session. My two day visit here was mostly uneventful, until one evening I got caught in the middle of a thundering stormcloud.
The visibility being crystal clear, I could see the weather system moving across the ocean, drenching every tiny island in almighty rain and thunder. I observed the stream of rainfall and immediately positioned myself facing it, composing an image around a bamboo shaft which the local fishermen use to tie boats. Fortunately, the rain stream moved just as I had predicted, and I was able to shoot this image.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor