Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I live in the middle of St. Paul/Minneapolis and am always looking for places to get good sunset photos. Often, I don't have much of time to get anywhere, so when I discovered Witches Hat Water Tower (located about three miles from my home) I was excited. Witch's Hat Water Tower, is a historic water tower located in the Prospect Park neighborhood of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was built in 1913 in Tower Hill Park; a hilltop park established in 1906. The water tower has become the neighborhood's architectural mascot for its unique design by Frederick William Cappelen and is rumored to be the inspiration for Bob Dylan's song "All Along the Watchtower," as the tower was clearly visible from Dylan's home in nearby Dinkytown in Minneapolis. It was built on one of the highest points in Minneapolis so as to increase water pressure in the area. In 1952 the tower ceased to function as a water tower, but it remains an iconic neighborhood symbol.
I have found locations on all sides of the tower that I like to go to to catch sunset photos This photo was taken on the Minneapolis side, with the setting sun actually behind me.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor