There is nothing that I love more than a foggy morning. While camping in the Catskills of Upstate New York, I woke up to a gloriously foggy morning and set up to take a few photos. Luckily this scene was in front of me that I could capture with the fog and the layers.
This was taken near the end of Spring and the beginning of Summer in June, which almost always presents with such varying weather. Cool mornings with fog, warm sunny afternoons followed by a few passing showers or thunderstorms in the evening.
Having lived in the area for more than ten years, I had grown accustomed to and looked forward to how the hills and mountains would affect the weather patterns. I was expecting some great, even light for photos, but I wasn't expecting how vibrant the shades of green were in the photo because of the fog and diffused light.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor