This scene presented itself while on a photo expedition to the Antarctic Peninsula in February 2023. The clouds were continually changing, and the light gods agreed to provide a sliver of bright light onto the valley snow. At the same time, a small patch of clouds began to flow down the mountain's right side.
All three Zodiacs filled with photographers were gasping at what transpired, and the waiting game commenced. This image was made at what I considered to be the peak of dramatic lighting.
We all tracked the light for about 20 minutes when two of the Zodiacs left to hunt for other subjects. This left one zodiac to the prime time event.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor