Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The Adirondacks were proving to be a challenge. Overcast skies hid what could've been epic sunrises and sunsets. Tourists were everywhere, taking snapshots and instagram photos of the overdone spots. But nothing was really living up to the standards I was giving myself. I needed something that few people would've gotten or even thought about, which made the overcast skies more of a blessing. It had me look for compositions in other places with light that actually made for rarer shots than you'd find of the instagram posts and postcards of the Adirondacks.
I filled my SD cards up with shots I was okay with, but nothing to write home about, save for maybe one. But my girlfriend, walking around, noted these leaves under the still lake water. Nobody was around. It was as quiet as the scene would make you believe. I was so inspired that I deleted the shots I knew I don't want in my SD card to have enough room to focus stack and exposure bracket. This was literally the last shot in my digital roll of film.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor