Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Odemira is the largest municipality in Portugal in terms of area. It is a large territory, best known by its famous beaches, which are quite popular during the summer. However, the largest part of this vast territory corresponds to the interior, which is characterized by rolling hills where farms have existed for many years. In the Autumn, the colors change across the landscape, especially along the water lines. This photo was made near the river Mira valley, the most important one that crosses the region. I visited the area in early November, walking along the river valley, looking for interesting subjects.
From the top of a hill, I noticed a line of trees growing along the valley, with some of them exhibiting nice color. I decided to frame them against the hills in the background, which were themselves covered in darker green trees. There were several large trees along the valley, such as elm trees and ash trees. The timing was good, as the sunset was approaching, and the side light was illuminating the trees with a golden tone. I framed the scene with a short telephoto lens, isolating some of the key elements.
I shot a few photos, and after a few minutes the light was gone, and the area had been covered by the shade.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor