Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Just prior to this shot I had finished photographing the sunset at Mono Lake at the classic vantage point at the South Tufa Area. My last battery had been showing red in the viewfinder for several shots and I decided to call an end to the evening's work. Walking back to the parking area I came across this lone tufa formation and the light turning far more pinkish purple than I could have ever imagined. The minimalist composition immediately presented itself to me. I quickly set up the tripod; tweaked the framing; made one exposure. As the image was processing the screen started flashing the red battery indicator, making me wonder if I actually recorded the image. I shut the camera off, pulled the battery, gave it a quick rub and a prayer, and put it back in. Thankfully it had enough power to make one more exposure for safety. One look at the file and I felt I had a keeper.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor