Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
We’d visited the lone tree at Milarrochy Bay on the banks of Loch Lomond at dawn some years earlier, but I wanted to capture this same location at sunset. On this occasion, travelling home to the north of England from the Isle of North Uist required a stop over on the way, so this was an ideal opportunity to visit Milarrochy. Booking into the guest house late afternoon meant we able to get to our location in good time for the sunset.
The lone tree isn’t always surrounded by water, but on this time we were in luck as there had been heavy rain and the lake level was high enough to surround the tree. I chose my composition carefully and waited patiently for the sun to set. Fitting a six-stop neutral density filter to slow the exposure down to 20 seconds gave me the look I had envisaged, so we were able to return to our accommodation satisfied that we’d achieved our aims.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor