Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
One of my favourite locations is Dungeness, which on the face of it is a pretty dull peninsula consisting almost entirely of washed-up pebbles and defunct nuclear power stations. Its secret super-power is dramatically changing weather.
It is where the tip of the land is three-quarters surrounded by sea, which creates frequent dramatic clouds and thunderstorms.
Together with the exciting weather there is also no end of interesting objects to shoot; from rusting debris to beached or decaying boats, each of which tells a story of real substance - every picture seems to be worth its thousand words.
This was one of the best days I have ever known for dramatic conditions - the clouds were moving so fast I didn’t know where to point my camera first.
With this scene, I particularly liked the cockle picker - head down, seemingly oblivious to the threatening cloud form which seems poised to strike him.
Of course, I got soaked! but I was so happy to be there and to watch this powerful display: It was like having a front-row seat to the most amazing show.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor