I found this lone tree after the lockdowns, as I was looking for places to go not too far from home because we were allowed to go only a few kilometres from home. I googled the whole area around my home town (Rennes) to find remote places, and I eventually found this little pond that looked quite promising, seen on google earth.
It is surrounded by meadows and trees, without many houses in the area. It has easy access and a parking lot. I visited the place several times before I took this shot. I wanted to know it better first, and I was waiting for the right conditions: this photo wouldn't work without the fog because the shore in the background would have cut the image in two.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor