Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Great Basin National Park is in northeastern Nevada, close to the Utah state border. July sunrise there is quite early, 5:20 AM on the day this was shot. My hike to this lake at 10,000 feet (just over 3,000 meters) elevation began in darkness in an aspen forest. On arriving at the lake, I was happy there was almost no wind with a great reflection in the water; the clouds took on a soft pink color as the first light of sunrise hit the mountain peak above the lake. I processed the image to balance out exposure across the scene, and to make textures in the clouds and mountainside more apparent.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor