Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
What I love about mountains is, you are higher than your usual point of view. I know that seems quite obvious but it's true that you are either looking down at something: a village, a valley, a stream etc... or you feel that you can touch the clouds: you are closer, that's a fact! And also, you have those massive moutains where clouds get stuck quite often, they give you a wrong perception of scale because of their size.
This was shot from Aussois, across the valley of La Maurienne, in the French Alps, towards L'Aiguille de Scolette (3312m) which provides a nice and dramatic background. In the foreground, this is le Mont de l'Âne (2400m) on the mountain named La Norma.
I tried this shot several times during my stay (this was the view from our accommodation) but I was never happy with the light and clouds. And that day, We were just back from a hike, I was having a cup of coffee, sitting on chair outside the house with my camera ready to shoot, if ever needed. And there it comes: a beam of light made its way through the clouds to light this very part of the mountain up to make it stands out.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor