Yellowstone has many geothermal features that spew out hot steam, even when it is -16 degrees! This scene of heavily frosted trees and a distant bridge next to a thermal hot spot was awe-inspiring, representing to me the raw nature of winter in this glorious National Park. These types of trees, laden with snow and ice, are referred to as ghost trees. Very little post processing was done to the raw image, the scene provided all the mysterious ambiance needed to tell the story of this magical place.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor