TAKE PART • WIN $100
I had spent most of the afternoon under a flat grey sky that provided little definition to the landscape I was in. I was keen on capturing the shadows and textures within the dunes but I had little shadow and hence little texture. As the afternoon wore on the cloud buildup continued; a storm was imminent and that promised an interesting sky as a backdrop to the dunes. Late in the afternoon the sunlight intensified giving greater shadow to the dunes and the sky by then was also more interesting. This image is simple with the sand contrasting with the darkening sky and approximately half of the image devoted to sky and the other half to sand.
The ripples in the sand contrasts with the smooth yet dappled sky. The colour palette is also simple, almost monochromatic, with the warmer tones of the sand contrasting with the cooler gray of the sky which I feel, provides a calming atmosphere despite the ominous tones within the sky. Desert storms can be quite spectacular. This one held off until nightfall but then provided a most spectacular lightening show.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor