Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
My wife and I traveled to Iceland in August, 2021, and did a counterclockwise tour of the country over 11 nights. On one of the days, we took a tour into the Thorsmork valley, in South Iceland. With 11 other guests, we were driven in a monster truck conversion of a Ford van over rough gravel roads, through streams, and into some beautiful canyons. To get to this waterfall, we hiked about a mile into a small canyon, across a flowing glacial stream, and into a narrow slot in the canyon walls. I had to climb about 60 feet up moist rocks and boulders to find this vantage point, a close view of the waterfall with no people in the foreground. I wanted a long shutter speed to blur the motion of the water, so I chose a small aperture to achieve the right exposure. I braced the camera on a rock to stabilize, as I had not brought a tripod. Iceland is full of waterfalls, and we took pictures of many of them. But this is my favorite shot of them all.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor