After seeing so many photographs of the Lake District over the past number of years I eventually got the opportunity to travel there for the first time in early October this year.
The first thing that struck me was the amazing autumn colours and the dramatic landscape. I stayed in a small hotel in Buttermere and on the first morning, I made my way down to the shores of Buttermere Lake, as I was setting up my tripod and camera I noticed that there was a mist beginning to form on the lake.
The morning was very still with hardly any breeze and this eventually gave way to a beautiful reflection of the mountain on the lake. I just kept shooting and sometimes a slight wind would come up and would gently blow the mist across the lake. I took numerous amounts of images that morning but this one for me stands out amongst them all.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor