A busy career as a teacher meant that most of my landscape photography was carried out during the holidays. This is one such example. Derelict farm buildings, that littered the fields around the Derbyshire Dales where we were holidaying, attracted me because of the way nature seemed to be reclaiming them.
I found this particularly fascinating one, twenty minutes walk from my holiday home. I loved the way that a tree was growing out of it! I visited it first at sunset. Things were promising for a while but the cloud that was present dispersed before sunset and the light was disappointing. However the forecast was set to be partly cloudy for sunrise the next morning so I set the alarm early. Imagine my delight when I encountered mist across the valley where this old structure stood! It was so quiet and still I could hear foxes calling alongside the bleating of sheep. A magical morning.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor