Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The sun rises and sets in Saltwick Bay for a few weeks either side of the summer solstice, so sunset images of Saltwick are understandably popular with photographers, but I wanted to capture a sunrise image. The big drawback with the sunrise is that the sun rises at 4.30 in June, so I set my alarm for 2.15am! My first trip to Saltwick was a total failure, as the sunrise was very disappointing. I had to wait another three weeks for a suitably low tide to allow me access and by now the season was getting late. However, as I arrived at the cliff top, the conditions looked promising, though the receding tide was still so high, getting round the headland was proved quite difficult.
As it turned out, there had been a storm that had thrown dust into the atmosphere causing this strong pink glow, but I was happy to use the conditions to capture a set of images I was happy with.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor