Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
A spontaneous sunset photo taken from our boat as it moored in Academy Bay off of Puerto Ayora in the Galapagos Islands of Ecuador. The sun lined up behind a small lava island in the bay making it glow with a brilliant orange as this last light disappeared over the horizon. The image was taken hand-held from the deck of the boat using my old Olympus as we waited to go ashore to celebrate my 40th birthday in this epic location.
Everyone needs to visit the Galapagos once in their lifetime if they can. This is such a special location for both landscape and wildlife photography, not only because of the uniqueness of the location and the animal life but because they have never learned to be afraid of humans and hopefully never will. The opportunity for close wildlife encounters with your camera is extraordinary and unparalleled. Add to this experience the breathtaking sunrises and sunsets as you traverse the equator in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and the distinctive lava formed landscapes and you have a trip to remember forever.
You don't have to spend a forture to have this experience, we formed a group of 9 for our trip and did a budget option 8 day cruise on a 16-berth boat. Make sure to include Fernandina Island in your itinerary, to see the Marine Iguana's made famous in David Attenborough's Planet Earth II. We also added a few nights on land at the less-visited Floreana and practically had the island to ourselves for more epic sunsets and then hours of dark sky astrophotography you can only dream of.
If you love photography, the Galapagos Islands need to be at the top of your bucket list.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor