The 'Vlietlanden' is an old low moorland. It is a nature reserve and only accessible by boat, but that's prohibited so you have to take your photographs from the edge of the area. A telephoto lens is therefore suitable. I used a 105 mm to get the layers in the landscape and to frame the most interesting part of the scene. The weather was perfect, a litle bit of mist and the first light of the morning. I like the purple/blue haze.
I visit this spot several times each month but i never had better light. Lucky me.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor