Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Following two successive cancellations, we were finally enjoying our much anticipated trip of 11 days travelling from Ushuaia on the southern tip of Argentina down to the northern end of the Antarctic peninsula via the South Shetland Islands. The weather had been favourable for the 2 day crossing and, as we sailed down the peninsula, it improved further. On this particular day, after two trips ashore, we were anchored in the Gerlache Strait opposite Brabant Island which is nearly 40 miles long and rises to over 8000 feet. The ship had to change anchorage earlier that evening due to encroaching pack ice. There had been lowish cloud cover in the early evening but it then started clearing allowing the late sun to illuminate the landscape.
This shot was taken about 1030 pm and I used the telephoto zoom to capture the detail of the snow, rock and cloud layers. The white peak resembles a recumbant lion! Despite settled conditions the cloud cover changed a lot and I was fortunate with this shot as the sun disappeared shortly afterwards.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor