This image captured the spectacular light show produced by a thunderstorm in the Top End, Australia. Many dense, towering clouds rise and burst while lightning flashes illuminate the dramatic scene. Look closely, and you will find small lightning branches and rainfalls in the image.
There are many lightning shows during the wet season; therefore, it is also known as 'the lightning capital of Australia'.
I took this picture with a young friend of mine, Opal, in the Litch Field National Park; it was quite an unforgettable evening.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor