TAKE PART • WIN $100
The Tonto National Forest east of Phoenix, Arizona, is part of the beautiful Sonoran Desert. Although meteorologically a true desert, it usually receives enough winter and summer monsoonal rainfall that it is comparatively lush. It is also the only place in the world where the magnificent Saguaro cactus grows naturally. I was especially taken by how the warm light of sunset highlighted the clouds and was just touching parts of the distant hills. I composed the image with the thought that the triangle formed by the foreground cholla cactus and saguaro would help to draw the viewer into the scene. I titled it “Another Gift” because, to me, every day that I’m able to spend trying to photograph the remarkable landscapes of Arizona and the American southwest is a blessed gift.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor