Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
this photograph was taken in one of the many lakes of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennine National Park. Its composition is strongly influenced by Japanese painting which I love very much. In taking this photograph I tried to get the maximum result in terms of blur and dynamic range from the excellent zeiss 50mm planar T 1.4 lens that was loaned to me. The day was not very bright and the photo was taken in the late afternoon. The place where the photo was taken is very easy to reach and therefore very busy, so to get interesting photographs it is often necessary to work on the details of the landscape rather than the overall views. This twisted trunk sculpted over the years by the forces of nature immediately caught my attention because it reminded me of those found in Japanese and Chinese paintings. today this trunk is no longer so beautiful and interesting because over time it has been eroded by termites, snow, rain, etc. which over time have almost completely destroyed it. The effect I wanted to arouse in this photo concerns the impermanence of all things, which however, although fleeting, also have something that reminds us of eternity.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor