I live about an hour from the Saugatuck Dunes State Park, so I go there often. Fall in Michigan can be hit or miss, depending on the location. The autumn colors peak first in the interior regions of the state and then later in the lakeshore regions, so this shot was taken on Halloween of 2022, near the end of peak season.
When I set out to the park, I had no idea there would be fog. I was so surprised and excited. This shot is from the main trail leading you to the beach, not far from the parking lot. I love how the trail curves up the hill covered in fallen leaves, and the fog in the background adds the right touch to soften the image.
I set up my tripod and took the shot.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor