It was with great anticipation I travelled to Iceland in January 2020 to attend "Winter in Iceland" workshop. My primary intention, to capture the mood of Iceland. One of our first stops after checking in at the small town of Reynisfjara was the black pebble beach and the well known sea stacks.
Although it was already 1.30pm, the sun was still very low, much like an early morning sunrise. The sky was cloudless with a grey soft mist hanging over the mysterious deep grey waters. As the sky was relatively flat I made the decision to shoot the scene in Black and White. I composed the photograph in a way that the foaming water edge was creating the leading line towards the sea-stacks and a well balanced photograph. The contrast between the black shiny pebbles and the foaming white water was accentuated by shooting in Black and White.
Iceland, has a beautiful purity and incredible calmness that I am drawn too. It is rare to experience nature as it was created, without the harmful interventions of man. As I have grown and gained so much more knowledge in photography over the past year, I would love to return to Iceland to fully explore this landscape and capture its spirit.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor