TAKE PART • WIN $100
A classic view from Steptoe Butte in the Palouse area of eastern Washington State. Taken in the evening with dappled light from broken clouds, the light put a spotlight on a cottonwood at the end of the creek. Shades of green and contours were accentuated by the evening light with the sun creating long shadows.
The rolling hills and cottonwoods are iconic sights in the Palouse. On this particular trip to the Palouse in June the weather was unseasonable wet and cold. Heavy clouds and low temperatures created a challenge with the landscape, but on this evening the clouds began to break up late in the afternoon.
The road to the top of Steptoe Butte is made for Photographers. It winds its way around the butte giving you the opportunity to have a look at the landscape from 360 degrees. It is no wonder this is a photographers dream destination in the north west area of the United States.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor