Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Yosemite Falls is a magnificent waterfall dropping a total of 2,425 feet (739 m) from the top of the upper fall to the base of the lower fall. Yosemite Falls is made up of three separate falls: Upper Yosemite Fall (1,430 feet), the middle cascades (675 feet), and Lower Yosemite Fall (320 feet) creating one of the world’s highest cataracts and the highest in North America.
Located in Yosemite National Park in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California, the falls are a major draw in the park, especially in late spring when the water flow is at its peak. Look for roaring runoff April through June. You can see Yosemite Falls from numerous places around Yosemite Valley, especially around Yosemite Village and Yosemite Valley Lodge. Yosemite Creek emerges from the base of the Lower Fall and flows into the Merced River nearby.
This photo of the upper fall was captured on an early November morning when the runoff was nominal but with the slight breeze was providing a kaleidoscopic rainbow to photograph. I used a circular polarizer to enhance the colors and to minimize the brighter reflections of the granite wall.
If you are up to it, a steep climb to the west of the fall is well rewarded with close-up views of Upper Yosemite Fall and distant views of Half Dome and other Sierra Nevada Mountain peaks. Along the hike, enjoy a bird's eye view of Yosemite Valley's meadows and the meandering Merced River. There is so much grandeur, scenery, and jaw-dropping awe, that it’s a world-class experience.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor