In summer, the small lakes in this area of the border between France and Spain are full of life and offer many opportunities to photograph the different species of mountain dragonflies and the sunset.
It is common for evening mist to roll up from the north over the wetter French valleys and help create beautiful moments of light over the Pic Midi (remnants of an ancient volcano and iconic mountain in the Pyrenees) as the light sets on the left.
For this picture, I have used a tripod with a cable release and two filters, a polarizer and a 2-stop soft GND.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor