Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This picture was taken in December 2021, between Cancale and St Malo, Brittany, France, on a beautiful but freezing morning. Every now and then, we have a cold wind coming from eastern Europe passing over Brittany, and at best, we have a light snow fall that melt overnight but this winter, we only had frost. This was actually what happened that day: it felt like -7°C, some rime had covered the wild grasses on the cliffs of the île Besnard where I stood for this shot. I made up my mind for this angle I had spotted a few days before. I arrived before sunrise and waited until the golden hour started so that I would be able to see properly the tiny trail alowing me to get to the spot where I could get the shot. I think it was worth the pain standing in the freezing cold (I won't forget how my toes ached despite 2 pairs of socks) for I was rewarded with a gorgeous sky and beautiful side light on the islands in the background (they are called Les Chevrets)
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor