Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was staying in a campsite on a ridge above the lake and because I'd been late getting to bed the night before had decided not to get up for the sunrise. When I woke around 7am, I saw that the lake was still and decided to go down with just my camera to see what I could get. The water was clear and still, and I regretted not bringing my tripod. I put the ISO at 200 and took several shots, but because I wasn't sure that I'd held the camera still enough I decided to race back to my campsite to grab my tripod. It took about 5 minutes only, but by the time I'd got back down to the edge of the lake, a light breeze had come up and I could no longer see the rocks through the water. I was disappointed and hoped the shots I'd taken would be still enough. When I downloaded and opened this image I was thrilled to discover that I had held my camera still and that the camera's image stabilisation had done its job. This image always reminds how quickly things can change.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor