Villars-sur-Ollon is a nice little ski resort in the western part of Switzerland. All around the mountains there you can find a little "buvette" where you can get good local food and drinks.
My wife and I were there enjoying our meal on the terrasse when I noticed this lonely tree in front of a snow-covered meadow. I liked the perspective I had from my viewpoint which isolated the tree against the sky.
I grabbed my camera which was already mounted with my 70-200mm and just took the shot. Sometimes it's just as easy as this.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor