TAKE PART • WIN $100
One of my absolute favourite winter locations is Abraham Lake, in western Alberta, Canada. I'm lucky that it's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive from my home, so I generally make a couple of winter trips every year. On this occasion, it was early winter, and although the temperatures were well below freezing, the lake hadn't completely frozen yet. Being a reservoir, the lake levels drop all winter, leaving the occasional old stump sticking up out of the gravels. When the lake level was a bit higher, ice formed, and then as the levels dropped, it left amazing skirts on the stumps. I got down right to ground level with a wide angle lens to capture the view looking somewhat upward, with the sunset light behind it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor