On the morning of the very last day of 2023, my wife and I left our cabin close to the border between Sweden and Norway that we had rented over the New Year weekend and headed up the Hemfjället mountain on our skies.
After a good start to the venture, visibility got low as overhead clouds and mountain mist rolled in the higher up we got. We suddenly found ourselves in a whiteout. It was and almost hallucinatory experience, not knowing what was up or down, everything was white or rather gray I should say. But we soldiered on with our skies.
After some kilometres, tree shapes appeared out of the fog, and we both picked up our cameras from our bags. With frozen fingers and a snow-covered beard, I put up the camera to my eye and managed to get a fantastic series of photos.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor