Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Every winter, I make at least one trip to the amazing area of Abraham Lake, Alberta. It's very well known internationally for the ice bubbles, but features such as the massive cracks in the ice as the lake levels drop make for great leading lines. On this morning, we were at an area known as Preacher's Point, on the south end of the lake, where the ice levels had dropped so that these angled slabs were resting on the uneven bottom. The almost never-ending winds polish the ice. I bracketed 5 shots to try to get detail in the sky, mountain and foreground, but decided that the most underexposed image captured the mood best.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor