Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Between Cancale and Saint-Malo, to the west of Pointe du Grouin, landscapes of cliffs, wetlands of dune ridges and fine sandy beaches follow one another. This is where Anse du Verger is located.
Anse du Verger has long been a symbolic place, conducive to contemplation and men have chosen it to build Notre Dame du Verger, a chapel dedicated to the sea. Destroyed and rebuilt in many circumstances, it has long represented the last link - visual but also spiritual - with the mainland when the fishermen leaving for the icy seas of the Far North, left Cancale and passed the Pointe du Grouin.
As for the guardhouse on the Pointe des Daules, today classified as a historic monument, it housed the customs officers who, three times a day, whatever the weather, surveyed the path, watching for any contraband landings.
The diversity of habitats that make up this natural space induces a particularly rich and diversified flora. On the cliff, however unwelcoming for the vegetation, grow the Maritime Armenia, the Maritime campion as well as a now protected species: the Marine cistus.
For this photo, I had planned this composition for the month of May, to have the sunrise above the Pointe du Grouin, but also to have this flowery foreground. I still had to wait for the ideal morning to have a sky as I like them, and this morning, I was not disappointed. I only used a 2 stop GND filter to balance the exposure.
As always, do not hesitate to contact me for more information on this place.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor