TAKE PART • WIN $100
The Colorado Plateau dominates the geologic features of the American Southwest. Mesas, buttes, spires, hoodoos, dunes, washes dominate the landscape and almost hidden by all these geologic formations flows the mighty Colorado River. This river carved its way through the landscape and at some points you can marvel how deep it got during all this time. There are very few places were you can stand at the verge of such precipice and look straight down into the river. Toroweap Overlook with a a drop of 3,000 ft (914 m) in such a place. This is not a place for acrophobic people! Additionally it requires a lifted 4x4 vehicle as the last portion of the "road" to get there is somewhat challenging, to say the least. Any time of the day is adequate to stand there, although my personal favorite moments to hang over the cliffs here are dusk and dawn.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor