The heaven was blue and almost clear, just a few skies in sight. It was after midnight and the clock has reach 01.00 and the midnight sun was shining up the landscape in beautiful red colours. I was standing at a lovely coastal landscape near the village of Oldervik, along the great fjord of Ullsfjorden in Tromsoe commune in Troms county in Northern Norway. In front of me the beach was a real pearl and the sun shone on the flagged stones and the small stones who was stretching along the shore to the high and marked Kastnesberget. In the background on the other side of the fjord, the great mountain range of Lyngsalpene was rising with the peaks of Store Jaegervasstind and Isskartindene.
The location are just a few meter away from the end of the road and is accessible for all kind of people, even in a wheelchair. Ullsfjorden is one of the longest and widest fjords in Troms. The fjord have several arms who split the landscape. Ullsforden are very deep and at winter time large amounts of cod are hatching here. The cod came all the way from the cold Barents sea. The impressive mountain range of Lyngsalpene are perhaps the most breathtaking mountains in Norway. The highest peak reach almost 1900 meter above sea level. The Alps of Lyngen are well known as a Mekka for climbers, not only for Norwegians but for mountain hikers from all over the world. The Alps are covering the hole peninsula of Lyngen and here you will find many spectacular peaks like Jiekkevarre, Great Lenangstind and the famous Piggtind. Lyngsalpene are protected as a landscape area preserve. And that's good to know, because now one can do any damages to the landscape without being punished for it.
Lyngsalpene are available at any seasons. There are roads running around the peninsula at the coastline, but it is in the winter time the scenery is most impressive. You can go skiing between the mountains, but you should be aware of avalanches which are a threat.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor