TAKE PART • WIN $100
Cannon Beach, with its Haystack Rock is as iconic a place as you can find in the State or Oregon, perhaps all of the US. I visited it many, many times when I lived in Portland, OR. Each time, before going I would say to myself, how will you get new images, when you have been there so often. Every time I arrived, however, there were new weather conditions, new migrations and new perspectives to explore. It is truly a “power spot” that captures the soul of anyone who visits, human or animal. It’s not something you can explain in words, you have to experience it to understand. Every season of the year provides new experiences. There never seems to be a dull moment, or “off season!” At least that has been my experience. It’s a place where sea, land, sky and animals meet, both sea creatures and land creatures in some sort of cosmic dance. Even the seagulls there are incredible creatures, powerfully shaped by the strong winds that they master or perish. They are huge, strong creatures that truly soar, alive and alert to every nuance of their environment. I have walked the beach on warm sunny days and on days so windy one can hardly make headway against it. It is invigorating any time of day, or night, as well as in any season. There are beaches that are warmer, sunnier, and calmer, but there are few that can compare with its “aliveness.” If you can, visit it, I assure you that you will be captured by its uniqueness, as I have been.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor