TAKE PART • WIN $100
This was my first time visiting White Sands National Park and it's a place I will never forget. It's called White Sands National Park for a reason. During sunny days, the vast field of sandy dunes glow pure white. It can appear as if you are in the middle of a snowy field if it weren't for the warm temperatures.
Photographing this park is a perfect example in minimalism. It is incredibly quiet(other than the sound of fellow visitors) and I want the photos I take to reflect the quiet and contemplative mood. It can be difficult to shoot wide and include everything. Instead, I decided to shoot a little tighter. Throughout the entire park, you will find thousands of yucca plants. More often than not, the yucca plants are kind of bunched together, but I was looking for just a lone yucca plant. It took me awhile, but I finally found one that worked.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor