The majestic Vestrahorn mountain in East Iceland has to be my favourite place to photograph. It is a bucket list shot for many photographers but for good reason, the possibilities there are endless, for wide angle photography especially.
This was my first visit there. We had passed by the previous day during our road trip but conditions were horrendous with driving wind, rain and virtually zero visibility. So, I decided to return the next morning to a completely contrasting weather. Calm, clear conditions with an amazing cloud formation over the mountain.
I set up the tripod in front of a pool of water at low tide. All I needed to do was press the remote release and the location did the rest. I will be visiting the place again one day for sure.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor