One of the most rewarding aspects of landscape photography to me is when a picture I have had in mind for some time actually becomes real. This is what happened with this tree. I often pass it on my bicycle and for a long time have thought that it would lend itself nicely to a minimalistic shot under the right circumstances. These were snow on the ground and no clouds in the sky so there wouldn’t be any distractions anywhere. So when we finally got some snow and the sun came out one day – something that hasn’t happened very often this winter – I knew where to go. This picture is all about shapes and contrasts, so this is what I tried to emphasize in post-processing.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor