TAKE PART • WIN $100
Artists Point in NW Washington State is one of my favorite winter destinations. Amazing views in every direction. Mount Baker to the south, Mount Shuksan to the east and the Canadian Border range to the north. Its a view you can drive up to in the summer but the road is closed in the fall and becomes a snowshoe route. I took my DJI Inspire 2 drone to the Point, expecting a nice sunset and waves of fresh snow on everything. I flew the drone with the Olympus 25mm lens which provides a 50mm pov on the micro 4/3rds camera attached. It was about 20 degrees out at but the drone flew well and there were no battery issues.
There is something about how the snow catches light around and after sunset and I think I captured it here. The 50mm pov captured detail and compression better than the usual 28mm-ish drone viewpoint.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor