On the cold, frosty morning in the Amsterdamse Waterleidingduinen area, the landscape began to showcase this majestic subtle mist that lingered and smothered the surroundings with a tight embrace. The moody fog created less depth and isolation from the background to the foreground, projecting a beautiful moody cinematic feel.
Using, Ventusky mobile application, I knew that foggy conditions would be highly probable on this particular morning. So, after 45-50 minutes of cycling from the north of Haarlem, I finally arrived at Amsterdamse Waterleidingduinen and guess what - it's foggy, and it’s a beauty!
On arrival, I switched my wide-angle lens to my 70-300mm telephoto lens. I realised the zoom-telephoto lens would be more practical in this scenario. After hours of exploring the location, I suddenly stumbled upon this view and immediately shifted my focus to this beautiful remote tree. I loved the gentle haze of the sunlight and rough spiky branches peaking in the foreground.
I’m happy and proud of how this image turned out.
I captured this image around early December time: at f/6.3, 1/100, ISO 200
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor