Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This was taken on the 11th of november 2021 in the forest close to my hometown, Rennes. It was one of these promising mornings: quiet and still with mist expected. I was looking for composition at ground level but there were always some branches or some kind of plants in the way. To put it in a nutshell, I was having a hard time despite the good conditions as it can happen when it comes to woodland photography.
After a short break, it came to my mind that forest is also a three dimensional space, and even though there is a lot to see at eye level, there is also much to see in the canopy, above our head. And actually, the mist was thicker up there, giving more separation and depth, making things a bit easier. Not long after, I found these trees, partly framed by red foliage. I liked the way their branches were "kind of" connected.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor