For this year's fall photos, I decided to travel to the province of Friesland and specifically to the Rijsterbos because I knew there were a lot of beech trees there, which should be quite discoloured by now. In 2 days, I wanted to do macro photography with mushrooms, especially to capture the autumn colours.
The first day was very wet. Showers were expected, but I did not experience a dry moment that morning. It rained so hard at times that I spent more than an hour in the car. With a wet rain suit, the view outside was soon limited, but fortunately, we have a good weather radar (app), which allowed me to get hope for a nice walk in the afternoon.
Eventually, it got drier at times, and once in the woods, I forgot all about the weather. With every step, I found new mushrooms that kept me quite busy. Although the ground was wet and muddy, I spent a lot of time on my knees, taking close-ups and macros.
With a stiff back, I began to look around a bit more instead of scanning the ground. The beeches had already dropped a lot of leaves, and the forest floor became even more interesting as a result. I found the brown and yellow contrasted greatly with the green leaves still present in the trees.
When I also came across an old beech whose branches were "rotting" on the ground with the necessary fungus, I didn't take long to choose this composition. Mushrooms and beech leaves gave me the perfect autumn feeling. I never heard what they thought of my muddy clothes at the hotel. I just hope I didn't leave too many marks in the hotel. (Plicaturopsis crispa).
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor