Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
"The Gates of Aureus"
On arrival, my friend Bryce and I enjoyed the surrounding scenery as we patiently waited for photogenic conditions. I savor moments like this. Being able to set aside the camera and simply enjoy the view in front of me is therapeutic. As the sun began to drop and the colors in the clouds began to glow, I made my way down to this particular spot along the river's edge. Captured here is one of many rivers that flow through the Tombstone Valley. There is something to be said about Photographing rivers in mountainous terrain. The natural visual flow it provides can create some of my favorite, wide-angle images. What caught my eye was the natural X frame made by the river, a mountain range on the left, and a tree line on the right. Combine that with incredible light and a perfect mountain, and we got ourselves a picture-perfect scene.
Photographing mountains is what fuels my photography the most. The ominous power and dictatorship these peaks have over the surrounding valleys makes for a surreal experience. We, as humans, find ourselves humbled by the dominion of these peaks. Landscape photography, in its purest form, is the most humbling experience.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor